Monday, January 3, 2011

A Health and Safety Resource for the Non Health & Safety Professional

As we enter 2011 I was pondering on how to bring value to my blog, and it donned on me why not provide advice and information for the non health and safety professional. What I mean by that is those of you that are working in organizations that are responsible for managing the health and safety aspects of the organization but are not really experts or have the knowledge to really undertake that responsibility. Some examples would be all the human resources professionals in companies that don't have a health and safety person so they are given that role as part of HR, restaurant owners whose expertise is to run a restaurant not health and safety, small retail owners whose expertise is to run a store not health and safety, a senior manager like a VP or a controller for a small business whose expertise is to run the company or manage the finances not health and safety. Those are just some examples I have run into over my years in the health and safety profession. So why not dedicate a blog to help people in those types of organizations.


Deciding that is the easy part, but how to let people know it exists and has some value that is the more challenging part. So I will be working on getting the word out to everyone I know who may find this blog of value, and if you read this blog I would sure appreciate your help in letting your network of colleagues know about it. Most important of all I would like your feedback on what information you need and would find valuable in your work related to health and safety.

I will endeavour to continue to provide valuable information to help those in need manage health and safety withing their organizations. As always your feedback will be critical and of greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I can help you out by sharing your posts through social network. It is very important that workers and employers know and actually value health and safety in different kinds of workplaces.

    ReplyDelete